LIMITED WARRANTY - GLOBAL (EXCLUDING NORTH AMERICA)
1. How Long Coverage Lasts
Airthings warrants that the Products shall substantially conform to Airthings’ specifications and be free from defects in design, materials and workmanship under the normal use and service for which the Products were designed for a period of twelve (12) months, calculated from the date of delivery.
The warranty does not extend to any implied warranty or fitness for a particular purpose or use, irrespective of whether such purpose or use has been communicated by Buyer to Airthings or not.
Airthings shall, at its option and within reasonable time, either 1) repair, 2) replace or 3) refund defective or non-conforming Products which, in Airthings’ opinion, are covered by the warranty. The said remedies are exclusive and Buyer shall not be entitled to put forth any other remedy or claim related to defective or non-conforming Products on its own initiative.
The warranty shall only apply to Products which have been paid for in full with valid proof of purchase. Unless prohibited by applicable law, this warranty only applies to the original end-user purchaser. The warranty does not extend to Buyer’s customers, agents or representatives, or to other third parties.
The warranty constitutes the entire liability of Airthings towards Buyer with regard to defective or non-conforming Products. Unless prohibited by law, Buyer shall not be entitled to pursue any other claim or remedy related to defective or non-conforming Products otherwise available under applicable law, including background legislation or statutes relating to sale of goods.
This limited warranty provided by the manufacturer in no way affects a potential statutory warranty provided by law.
Buyer’s rights under applicable consumer protection legislation are in addition to this standard warranty.
2. Valid proof of purchase:
- Order number, sales receipt, or invoice from online purchases made through Airthings website; or
- A copy of your dated sales receipt or invoice from Airthings’ authorized sellers that shows a description of the Product along with its price
In order to exercise its warranty rights, Buyer must notify Airthings in accordance with the instructions described below.
3. Not Covered Under Warranty:
This warranty applies to Airthings’ consumer products and does not apply to ‘Airthings for Business’ products or commercial products. Because Airthings cannot control the quality of Products sold by unauthorized sellers, the coverage applies only to Products that you purchased from Airthings or an Airthings authorized seller, unless otherwise prohibited by law. Airthings reserves the right to reject claims from purchasers regarding Products purchased from unauthorized sellers, including unauthorized Internet sites.
In addition, the following issues are not covered:
- Any Product that has been lost or stolen;
- Batteries and charger cables/adapters;
- Accidental loss of or damage to the products, including dropping the products;
- Any Product having a defect or damage due to misuse including, but not limited to, installation, placement or operation contrary to Airthings’ written installation or operation instructions or normal care and improper or inadequate handling and storage;
- Any Product having a defect or damage due to negligence including, but not limited to, falls, extreme temperatures, high humidity, or water exposure;
- Damage as a result of unauthorized repairs or alteration(s) made by a party other than Airthings;
- Normal wear and tear;
- Connection issues due to circumstances outside Airthings’ control, e.g., evolving WiFi or Bluetooth standards that are not supported by the products;
- Products used in regions where the products are not certified/authorized for use;
- Products used for commercial use, including leasing to consumers;
- Products otherwise used in violation of our standard terms of service;
- Unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond Airthings’ control, including but not limited to catastrophe, fault or negligence of the purchaser or any third party, acts of God, war, terrorism, riot, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, or accidents; and
- Any Product that has not been paid for in full with a valid proof of purchase from Airthings or an Airthings authorized seller.
4. Notification of claim. Obtaining warranty service
Buyer shall notify Airthings without undue delay after it has detected that the Products are non-conforming or defective.
Buyer shall contact Airthings’ customer service at by submitting a request here in order to obtain a returned material authorization (“RMA”).
Buyer shall prepay and cover the costs of shipping for Products returned to Airthings for warranty service, while Airthings will pay for return of Products to Buyer. However, Buyer shall pay all shipping charges, duties and taxes for Products returned to Airthings from outside Norway.
Airthings does not accept returns for products which are not broken or delivered incorrectly.
5. Limitation of liability
Airthings’ maximum and accumulated liability towards Buyer related to Airthings’ performance, whether based on provisions in these Terms and Conditions, applicable law, statutes, tort law or otherwise, and irrespective of Airthings’ conduct, shall in any event be limited to an amount equal to the purchase price or value of the disputed Products, whichever is lower.
Airthings shall not be liable for any lost profits or savings, loss of reputation or goodwill, claims of third parties or any indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages, whatsoever, whether based upon breach of warranty, breach of contract, negligence, strict liability, other legal theory or any background legislation, or other losses or expenses incurred by Buyer or any third party.
Further, Airthings shall in no event, irrespective of its conduct, be liable towards Buyer or any third party for 1) losses or damages related to data or information stored in Products or in cloud services, or 2) losses or damages relating to the Products, other equipment, services, property or personnel, not even if such loss or damage is caused by defective Products, inaccurate or incorrect data or malfunctioning services offered by Airthings.