Raising awareness about the prevalence of radon gas and other indoor air quality contaminants that can affect the nations health and home is what we do at Airthings. To check in with those we care about most, we asked how homeowners and renters in Canada dealt with air quality in their home. This is what we found, and the results may surprise you...
1. Though radon is the number one cause of lung cancer amongst non-smokers, a huge 71% of Canadians we surveyed do not monitor radon.
2. Mold is the biggest concern for Canadians (52%), despite the fact that radon gas is the number one cause of lung cancer amongst non-smokers.
3. 7 out of 10 Canadians we surveyed do not monitor radon at home.
4. Only 15% of Canadians know that high levels of radon over long periods of time can cause lung cancer. At the same time, more than 71% of those we surveyed do not monitor radon at home.
5. Radon is the number one cause of lung cancer amongst non-smokers, yet 48% of the Canadians we surveyed are not aware of radon gas.