NORTH AMERICA - LIMITED WARRANTY
Airthings Americas, Inc. (“Airthings”) warrants to the original purchaser that Airthings products (“Product(s)”) shall substantially conform to the Product specifications and be free from defects in design, materials and workmanship under the normal use and service for which the Products were designed for a period of twelve (12) months, calculated from the later of the date of purchase or delivery if ordered on the Internet. Unless prohibited by applicable law, this warranty only applies to the original end-user purchaser. Because Airthings cannot control the quality of Products sold by unauthorized sellers, this warranty applies only to Products that were purchased from Airthings or an Airthings authorized seller, unless otherwise prohibited by law. Airthings reserves the right to reject warranty claims from purchasers for Products purchased from unauthorized sellers, including unauthorized Internet sites.
If a claim is made under this warranty and, after investigation by Airthings, proves to be valid, Airthings will, at its sole option and within reasonable time, either replace the Product or refund the purchase price of the Product.
Your rights under applicable consumer protection legislation are in addition to this standard warranty.
1. How Long Coverage Lasts
This warranty lasts for twelve (12) months, calculated from the later of the date of purchase or delivery if ordered on the Internet, and extends to the original purchaser only. Therefore, this warranty does not extend to any subsequent or other owner or transferee of the Product or any transferee or other beneficiary of the service.
2. What is NOT Covered
This warranty applies to Airthings’ consumer products and does not apply to ‘Airthings for Business’ products or commercial products. Because Airthings cannot control the quality of Products sold by unauthorized sellers, the coverage applies only to Products that you purchased from Airthings or an Airthings authorized seller, unless otherwise prohibited by law. Airthings reserves the right to reject claims from purchasers regarding Products purchased from unauthorized sellers, including unauthorized Internet sites.
In addition, the following issues are not covered:
- Any Product that has been lost or stolen;
- Batteries and charger cables/adapters;
- Accidental loss of or damage to the products, including dropping the products;
- Any Product having a defect or damage due to misuse including, but not limited to, installation, placement or operation contrary to Airthings’ written installation or operation instructions or normal care and improper or inadequate handling and storage;
- Any Product having a defect or damage due to negligence including, but not limited to, falls, extreme temperatures, high humidity, or water exposure;
- Damage as a result of unauthorized repairs or alteration(s) made by a party other than Airthings;
- Normal wear and tear;
- Connection issues due to circumstances outside Airthings’ control, e.g., evolving WiFi or Bluetooth standards that are not supported by the products;
- Products used in regions where the products are not certified/authorized for use;
- Products used for commercial use, including leasing to consumers;
- Products otherwise used in violation of our standard terms of service;
- Unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond Airthings’ control, including but not limited to catastrophe, fault or negligence of the purchaser or any third party, acts of God, war, terrorism, riot, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, or accidents; and
- Any Product that has not been paid for in full with a valid proof of purchase from Airthings or an Airthings authorized seller.
Please note, valid forms of proof of purchase include:
- Order number, sales receipt, or invoice from online purchases made through Airthings website; or
- A copy of your dated sales receipt or invoice from Airthings’ authorized sellers that shows a description of the Product along with its price
In order to exercise warranty rights, the purchaser must notify Airthings in accordance with the instructions described below.
3. Notification of claim. Obtaining warranty service.
Any Product believed to be defective as covered by this warranty may not be returned for warranty service without prior authorization from Airthings. Purchasers shall notify Airthings without undue delay after discovery of the alleged defect.
Purchasers who wish to make a warranty claim based on a Product defect shall contact Airthings’ customer service at email@example.com in order to obtain a Returned Material Authorization Number (“RMA Number”). Please make sure to include in your communication the following information:
Your full name, address, phone number, email address, and preferred method of contact
- A brief description of any claimed defect(s) in the Product
- The date you purchased the Product
- Where you purchased the Product
- A copy of your dated sales receipt or other valid form of proof of purchase from Airthings or the Airthings authorized seller from which the Product was purchased
If your request is approved, you will then need to mail your Product, proof of purchase, and RMA number to:
Shipmonk/Airthings America, Inc.
201 NW 22nd Ave, Unit 100
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311
Please note that you will be required to prepay and cover the costs of shipping for Products returned to Airthings for warranty service, while Airthings will pay for return of Products to you.
4. Limitation of liability
There are no warranties which extend beyond those stated herein. Any implied warranties that may be applicable to Products, including implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in duration to the duration of this warranty. Some States or provinces do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. Under no circumstances shall Airthings be liable for any special, incidental, or consequential damages based upon breach of this warranty, breach of contract, or strict liability. Some States or provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from State to State or province to province.